Food of the moment

Hi! I'm Chol, welcome you to my blog "Chowing with Chol", Food of the moment.

I love going out to taste good food and drinks, cafe, and all chic restaurants in town.

Don't be hesitated to give comments or suggestions, i'm keen to get the feedback from you!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

“GEISHA FLOAT”, the mouthwatering dessert in Bay Area.

After we have been tasted many kind of food and drinks for a few weeks, this week, we will talk about a dessert. Have you ever heard about “GEISHA FLOAT”, the mouthwatering dessert in Bay Area from “Café Hana”? If not, I’ll tell you.

“Café Hana” is a small café and sells patisseries, coffee, chocolate and soft ice cream. It may be a little hard to find since it is tucked deep inside the mall in Japan town. But what I love the most about Café Hana is “GEISHA FLOAT”.

The first time I know “GEISHA FLOAT” was when my cousin brought me to Japan Town after one week arriving in San Francisco. We had Shabu-Shabu, we were so full but we didn’t give up to have a dessert to complete the meal. We went to “Cafe Hana”. And my cousin told me I would love “GEISHA FLOAT”. Ever since, it had all my favorite things! I come here for one thing and one thing only. I come here for the geisha float.

“GEISHA FLOAT” is the combination of a scoop of green tea ice cream, green tea slush, some sweet red beans (azuki beans), cubes of mochi, all topped off with whipped cream. Imagine, getting through the top 4 layers is absolutely bliss, isn’t?

Oh! You can also change the ice cream favor of “GEISHA FLOAT” too if you don’t like green tea favor. At $5, it's definitely a good deal for what you get. Recommended!

Apart form “GEISHA FLOAT”, the lychee drink was pretty good also and the green tea slush by itself is refreshing also.

I don't know if it's not very popular here in USA but I always see frozen yogurt and never soft ice cream. We, as Asian loves this thing so if you want to try some desserts that different from dessert you usually taste in SF, try “GEISHA FLOAT”.

You can get the coupon to get the discount from them by checking out http://www.sfjapantown.org There’s also special promotion.

Cafe Hana
 Japan Center Kintetsu Mall
1737 Post Street (between Buchanan and Webster)
Tel: 415-567-9133 Open every day. 
Sun.-Thurs.--8 am-9 pm; Fri. & Sat.--8 am-10:00 pm

5 comments:

  1. looks great i want to go there to eat, thanks for the great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. your most welcome :)) next time i will show u another Asian Fusion Food, i guarantee u its taste! Yum Yum ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. look tasty. Let's get some on sunday na :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Sunday? haha we already missed it! but it's ok, let's go there together next time ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. why there's no information about all the movie that u play

    galih indonesia

    ReplyDelete