Food of the moment

Hi! I'm Chol, welcome you to my blog "Chowing with Chol", Food of the moment.

I love going out to taste good food and drinks, cafe, and all chic restaurants in town.

Don't be hesitated to give comments or suggestions, i'm keen to get the feedback from you!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Katana-Ya, the best ramen in downtown SF


Hi! Welcome to Chowing With Cholly !

This week, I would like to recommend you a Japanese Ramen restaurant in downtown San Francisco. The name of this restaurant is “KATANA-YA”, a great variety of ramen. It’s located on Geary Street at Mason Street. I don’t know whether the other people think it’s the best Ramen restaurant, but for me it’s the best one and I would like to share this with you! What is good about here, of course, is “ramen”. The broths are really good, strong and very tasty. Its taste makes me feel like last time I tasted ramen in Tokyo exactly.

To start off, I recommend you “Cold Tofu Don” and “Seaweed Salad”. It’s a cold Tofu topped with bonito flakes, green onions & soy sauce. Seaweed here is very fresh too.



Then, try some sushi; my favorite one is “Spider Rolls”. It is the combination of fried soft shell crab and other fillings such as cucumber, avocado, lettuce, roe, and spicy mayonnaise.

After having appetizer and sushi, you can share ramen with your friend because it is a big portion or if you can finish it all by yourself, it’s ok too. There’re two kinds of broths for you to choose; soy and miso. You can also choose how spicy you want. The broths have a spectacular and unique flavor; makes you want to slurp it all up! There're many ramen menus. If you like something sweet and corn, go for "Butter Corn Ramen"."Deep Fried Chicken Raman" is also good. But my favorite is "Chachu Ramen with Extra Spicy Miso Broth."


What is sad for me is that there’s no dessert here :( and if you come here for lunch or dinner, you might have to wait in a long line at least 10-30 minutes. But if you are lucky, there’ll be no line. What you have to do is to make sure you come early, eat early, and then you might enjoy a show across the street at the theaters!If you are not full or still want to try something else, “Grilled Salmon Don” and “Beef Sukiyaki”, once again, I guarantee you will enjoy them so much. And for these menus, you can ask for small size instead of regular size so that you can enjoy the rest of the meal.

One more thing you should know is this place might be very tiny but if you really want to try ramen that has the taste like the original ramen from Japan, you should not miss it! I can say that it’s worth to wait 30 minutes and taste it.

Next week, let’s go try the real Italian pizza, Bellissimo Pizza, the taste is very special and I’m definitely sure you will love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment